Social Media Policy
In keeping with the mission of inspiring intellect, curiosity and imagination, Frisco Public Library recognizes the value in social networking to connect with its library users by providing information and resources beyond the physical library. The library regards online social software information and interactions equal to other information resources at the library, and is meant to encourage conversations with staff and other library users.
Comments, posts and messages are welcome on the Frisco Public Library social networking sites. Online interactions will be regularly monitored and reviewed for content and relevancy. The Library respects the public’s right to express opinions. However, any post or message with any of the following will be removed, and the poster barred from posting any subsequent messages to Frisco Public Library’s social networking sites:
- Obscene or racist content
- Personal attacks, insults, or threatening language
- Potentially libelous statements
- Plagiarized or copy-written material
- Private, personal information published without consent
- Comments unrelated to the content of the forum
- Hyperlinks to material that is not directly related to the discussion
- Commercial promotions or spam
- Organized political or religious activity
- Photos or other images that fall into any of the above categories
Frisco Public Library reserves the right to edit or modify postings or comments for space and content, while retaining the intent of the original post. The library reserves the right to reproduce comments, posts and messages in other public venues.