Give Your Creativity Dimension…Print in 3D
Get creative using our 3D printer. Choose designs from numerous websites, or create your own designs using open source CAD software. Bring your designs to us on a flash drive, and see your objects take shape.
New to 3D printing? Attend a 3D printing class or download our printable guide HERE.
Visit the 1st floor Ask Us desk to get started.
- Bring in your .STL or .OBJ file in on a flash drive.
- One object / component in each file.
- Recommeded to design in millimeters.
- Staff will review the file with you, provide a total cost, and prepare your print job.
- Cost is 15¢ per gram of plastic with a $1.50 minimum.
- Once your object is completed, we will contact you to pick it up.
- Objects will be held for 7 days for pick up.
3D Design Online Tools and Help
There are a lot of freely available lessons and software online. Here are a few we recommend:
Thingiverse - Find and download models other users have created and shared.
Tinkercad - The interactive lessons are perfect for the first time user! This free cloud based 3D modeling software will have you creating your own designs in just a few lessons.
OnShape - Use either the cloud based software or as an app for iOS or Android devices. More sophisticated design tools than Tinkercad.
NetFabb - Fix models that have mesh errors and other flaws that prevent them from printing.