Give Your Creativity Dimension…Print in 3D
Get creative using our 3D printer. Choose designs from numerous websites, or create your own designs using open source CAD software. Submit your designs to us online and see your objects take shape.
New to 3D printing? Download our printable guide HERE, opens a new window.
- Use the online submission form to submit your .STL file. Must have a Frisco Library card to submit.
- One object / component in each file.
- Recommended to design in millimetres.
- Staff will review the file with you, provide a total cost, and prepare your print job.
- Cost is 15¢ per gram of plastic with a $1.50 minimum.
- Once your object is completed, we will contact you to pick it up.
- Only online payments are accepted for staff printed projects.
- Objects will be held for 7 days for pick up.
3D Design Online Tools and Help
There are a lot of freely available lessons and software online. Here are a few we recommend:
Thingiverse, opens a new window - Find and download models other users have created and shared.
Tinkercad, opens a new window - The interactive lessons are perfect for the first time user! This free cloud based 3D modeling software will have you creating your own designs in just a few lessons.
OnShape, opens a new window - Use either the cloud based software or as an app for iOS or Android devices. More sophisticated design tools than Tinkercad.
NetFabb , opens a new window- Fix models that have mesh errors and other flaws that prevent them from printing.