Getting Started: Learn how to borrow eBooks in the Kindle format from the library.
Watch the Video Instructions for Borrowing the Kindle Format
- Search our catalog of titles.
- Use the menu on the left to limit your search to just eBooks in the Kindle format.
- Click the Download button to checkout the book. You will need your library card number and password.
- After checking out, you will be taken to Amazon.com to log into the Amazon account associated with your Kindle to complete the checkout.
- Turn on your Kindle, connect to the internet via Wi-Fi or 4G, and Amazon will deliver your title.
Support for Borrowing eBooks from Overdrive
Amazon Support for Borrowing eBooks for Kindle
USB Transfer of Titles: Older generation Kindles require a USB transfer from a computer to your Kindle.
Watch the Video Instructions for USB Transfer of Titles
- After checking out the title, download the file to your computer.
- Plug your Kindle into your computer with the USB cord.
- On your computer, locate and open the Kindle folder/drive. Typically this is in the My Computer area of a PC or on the desktop for a Mac.
- On your computer, open the Kindle drive and then open the Documents, Internal Documents, or Books folder. (This is where all your Kindle eBooks are stored on your Kindle device).
- Next, drag and drop the downloaded book into this folder used for all your eBooks.
- Disconnect your Kindle and read.
Overdrive Support for Transferring eBooks
Amazon Support for Transferring eBooks
Returning Titles Early: How to return eBooks downloaded to your Kindle.
Watch Video Instructions for Returning Kindle Titles
- Log into your Amazon account at: Amazon
- In the sign in menu, select Manage Content and Devices.
- Click the actions button next to the title you want to return.
- Select the return option.
- On your Kindle you can delete the title. Note: Deleting a title off your Kindle does not return the eBook.
Amazon Support for Borrowing Library Books