Saturday, September 22
Teens and Adults
2:00 - 5:00 pm
1st Floor, Atrium and Council Chambers
Meet representatives from area colleges and attend a variety of presentations on college success, conquering the FAFSA application, and more!
- 2:15-3:00 pm “Making the Transition: The Keys to Success” with Jay Veal. Jay Veal is the CEO of INC Tutoring, the #1 African-American owned private tutoring company in DFW serving students of all ages in STEM and beyond. He is also Founder/CEO of The Jay Veal Brand which is a Dallas-based premier consulting brand that deploys education and business consulting services as well as speaking services and a part of the 2018 Black Enterprise Content Contributor Network. The Jay Veal Brand’s target market is entrepreneurs, school districts (administrators and teachers), and corporations for the delivery of our services in consulting, professional development, curriculum dev and design, and speaking. Website: www.inctutoring.com www.thejayvealbrand.com
- 3:15-4:00 pm "Financial Aid 101: All About the FAFSA" with Ana Chavez. Ana Chavez is the manager for financial aid and veterans affairs at Collin College. Learn how to complete the form online, documents required to complete the FASFA and how to maximize the amount of financial aid you are eligible to receive! Even if your family is not eligible for need-based aid, this presentation will cover the best strategies on how to pay for college in the most cost efficient basis.
- 4:15-5:00 pm Everything you ever wanted to know about the college admissions process: A Q&A session with a panel of academic support staff from 12 area colleges.
The following colleges & universities will attend:
- Texas A&M University-Commerce
- University of North Texas (Denton)
- Texas Women’s University
- Amberton University
- Parker University
- DeVry University
- West Coast University
- Grand Canyon University
- Collin College
- University of Texas-Dallas
- University of Texas-Arlington
- Abilene Christian University
- University of Massachusetts Amherst