Cutting Edge Creativity
The Library's CNC Milling machine will take your creativity to the cutting edge. Check out Inventables Projects, opens a new window for inspiration, or develop your own unique design using the free cloud based Easel, opens a new window. Save your project in Easel, opens a new window, reserve the machine bring your blank material to the Library, and watch your creativity take shape!
- Carvey CNC Mill: 12in (width), 8in (depth), 1in (height)
- Approved Materials: wood, acrylic, machinable wax, expanded PVC, HDPE, and plastic
- The CNC Mill may only be used for lawful purposes.
- The CNC Mill has a three-hour reservation limit per day.
- Objects must be appropriate for a public library environment.
- Objects must not infringe upon any third party's intellectual property rights.
- Objects must not be illegal nor can they be construed as having the intent to harm.
- The Library reserves the right to refuse access at the discretion of library staff.
- Staff will not modify, create, or correct designs.
- Limit: 1 reservation up to 3 hours per day.
- Library card account must be in good standing to use equipment.
A Frisco Library card is required to use our CNC Mill.
- Create your design using Easel, opens a new window. It is free and easy to use.
- Select your milling bit in Easel (here is a milling bit guide, opens a new window).
- Use these instructions, opens a new window to adjust your cut settings in Easel for the Carvey machine.
- Reserve the Carvey CNC Mill, opens a new window. Reservations are required and walk-ins cannot be accommodated.
- Check in at the library for your reservation on the 2nd level with your photo ID.
Image Tracing in Easel, opens a new window (Converts image to vector graphic)