Requesting an Interlibrary Loan
Need something that Frisco Public Library does not own?
You can use the interlibrary loan system to request items from participating libraries. Search libraries all across Texas and request titles at https://texasgroup.worldcat.org/.
If you need help with fulfilling a request, the How to Order a Book From Another Library blog post has step-by-step instructions with screenshots.
- You may request 15 interlibrary loans during a 30-day period.
- Please allow up to 7 weeks for delivery of your requested item.
- Your library account must be in good standing to place and check out an interlibrary loan item.
- Interlibrary loan is a courtesy service between participating libraries. The library owning the title has the option to honor a request.
- New titles are not available until at least six months after the publication date.
- If you want to request an item again, you will need to wait at least two weeks after returning the item to make the request.
- Frisco residents are eligible to request interlibrary loans at no charge.
A Note for Non-Frisco Residents: A $2.50 postage fee will be charged for each item received via interlibrary loan for non-Frisco residents when the item is received. Non-Frisco residents are charged the fee even if the items are not picked up. If items requested are not received by Frisco Library, no charge will is incurred.
Steps to view your requests:
- Go to https://texasgroup.worldcat.org. Click on My Requests in dropdown under Texas Group Catalog in the top left corner.
- Choose "Frisco Public Library" as your home library and click “Continue”.
- Enter your library card number in the “username” field. Enter the password of your library account in the “password” field.
- A new screen will appear with a list of all your requests.