Career Online High School
Career Online High School (COHS), opens a new window is an online high school diploma and career certification program funded by Frisco Public Library. Residents of Frisco who have completed eighth grade and are 21 years old or older are eligible to apply.
Application Process, opens a new window
To qualify for upcoming scholarships, please read the information below and fill out the self-assessment below.
Applicants who successfully complete an online self-assessment and prerequisite course, followed by an in-person interview, will be considered for enrollment.
Once enrolled in the program, Career Online High School, opens a new window pairs each student with an online academic coach, who provides the student with an individual career path, offers ongoing guidance, evaluates performance and connects the student with the resources needed to master the courses. Students will be given up to 18 months to complete the program.
Complete Program Information
Visit the Career Online High School, opens a new window website for more information on the program, including a list of Frequently Asked Questions, opens a new window, to help you decide if this program is right for you.
With COHS, you can earn your career certificate in addition to your high school diploma. Students choose a major from one of the following high-growth, high-demand career fields and complete coursework to develop the skills and knowledge that employers are looking for:
- General Career Preparation, opens a new window
- Office Management, opens a new window
- Child Care and Education, opens a new window
- Home Care Professional, opens a new window
- Retail Customer Service, opens a new window
- Commercial Driving, opens a new window
- Food and Hospitality, opens a new window
- Security Professional, opens a new window
- Hospitality and Leisure, opens a new window
- Introduction to Manufacturing, opens a new window
If you’ve explored the program, opens a new window and decide it’s a good fit, get started by taking the online Student Self-Assessment, opens a new window
For additional questions or information, please contact the Program Manager at email@example.com.