Friday, May 21 - Wednesday, August 11, 2021
This challenge is for readers of all ages and abilities, even children who have not yet begun to read.
Read > Log > Earn!
Log your summer reading, discover activities, and earn fun badges and prizes!
Want to make this summer a breeze? Create a Parent Account to have one username and password for the whole family! Register a parent/caregiver first and then add additional family members.
Questions? Please contact us firstname.lastname@example.org
How it Works:
- Register, opens a new window for the Mayor's Summer Reading Challenge. (Registration opens Friday, May 21)
- Log, opens a new window the time you spend reading or listening to books, ebooks, audiobooks, magazines, or newspapers.
- 1 minute = 1 point
- Listing the title(s) or author(s) of the books you are reading is optional.
- Earn badges by reading, completing activities, or attending virtual events.
- Babies and toddlers earn a mini beach ball at registration and at 300, 600, and 1,000 minutes read.
- Children earn brag tags at registration and at 300, 600, and 1,000 minutes read.
- Teens earn fandom buttons at registration and 300, 600, and 1,000 minutes read. Teens (6th-12th grades) also earn entries into weekly drawings.
- Adults earn entries into three grand prize drawings for a bag of Book Club books at 300, 600, 1,000, and 10,000 minutes read.
- Connect, opens a new window with other readers just like you!
- Visit www.friscolibrary.com to find great lists full of new reads, comment on books that you love, or follow your favorite librarian to see what they are reading this summer!
- You can post photos of the activities you completed to earn badges and show your Mayor’s Summer Reading Challenge pride by using #FriscoReads and #FPLSummer!
- Check out Frisco Public Library on Facebook, opens a new window, Twitter, opens a new window, Instagram, opens a new window and YouTube, opens a new window for lots of great Summer Reading Challenge content, challenges, events, activities, and more.