National Hispanic Heritage Month is September 15 - October 15. It's a time to celebrate the histories, cultures, and contributions of Americans whose ancestors came from Spain, Mexico, the Caribbean, and Central and South America. Here are some fun ideas to celebrate all month long.
- Spanish and Portuguese are such beautiful languages. What better way to celebrate this month than by learning one? Mango Languages offers courses over 70 languages including Spanish (Latin American), Spanish (Castilian), and Portuguese (Brazilian).
- For a delicious way to celebrate National Hispanic Heritage Month try cooking a new recipe.
- Immerse yourself in Hispanic and Latinx culture by exploring online exhibits and collections of art, music, architecture, dance and more at the National Hispanic Heritage Month website. You can take virtual tours of interesting art exhibitions, explore historic and cultural archives, and scope out historic trails and itineraries when planning your next trip.
- Take a virtual tour and learn more about some of America’s historic Hispanic and Latinx Heritage Sites all from the comfort of your own home. This site also offers great resources for planning a trip to historic Hispanic and Latinx Heritage sites near you.
- Read (or reread) some of our favorite titles by Hispanic and Latinx authors.