Did you know that Frisco Public Library offers digital magazines at no cost to Frisco residents as part of our digital collection?
Checking them out is easier than ever. We recently started using the OverDrive service – the same one we use for eBooks to provide magazines as well.
You can download them to your desktop computer or to your mobile device using OverDrive’s Libby app. Here’s how:
To read on your desktop:
- Go to https://frisco.overdrive.com/ and click on “Magazines” in the top menu.
- Find the magazine you want using the search bar or by clicking on “See All”.
- Click “Borrow”, then “Borrow” one more time, and then “Read in Browser”.
- That’s all you have to do!
If you want to read on your mobile device, it’s also pretty simple.
- Just download the Libby App from your app store.
- Sign in by choosing Frisco Public Library as your library. You’ll also need your card number and password. If it asks for a PIN, it means password.
* If you need help with this step, you can get detailed instructions here:
- Once you are signed it, go to the “Library” tab. You can find this option in the bottom left of the screen.
- From here you can search for the magazine you want by name or click on “Preferences” and change the “Format” from “Any” to “Magazine”.
- When you see one you want, click “Borrow”, then “Borrow” again, then click “Open Magazine”.
- And that’s it! Super easy!
I hope you enjoy this great service as much as I do!