Today is September 22nd, 2020 and it’s one of my favorite days of the year, it’s Dear Diary Day! Thank you for keeping all my memories, thoughts, and ideas in one handy place for me to reflect on. Happy Dear Diary Day! See you tomorrow!
Do you have a diary or journal? Maybe you’re wanting to start one and don’t know how to begin? Here’s the good news…your diary is all yours, which means you can make it into whatever you want! We’re celebrating Dear Diary Day by giving you tips and prompts to help you get started with your very own diary.
Tips for starting your diary:
- Find fun supplies! You might already have some colorful pens or pencils, an empty notebook, and some fun stickers around the house. If you don’t, visit the store and find some materials that will help inspire you to write in your diary.
- Decide what you want to write about in your diary. Do you want to write about your dreams, or maybe memories from each day? It’s your diary so you can write down whatever YOU want to!
- Include the date for each entry.
- Decide when you will write in your diary. Do you want to write in it each morning when you wake up, or would you rather add to it at the end of the day?
- Have fun and get creative!
Prompts for when you need a little inspiration:
- When I grow up, I want to be…
- What is your favorite memory from today?
- What are five things you love about yourself?
- What is one mistake you made today and what did you learn from it?
- What is the strangest thing you’ve learned from school?
- Look out of your window, what do you see?
- If you were a dinosaur, which kind would you want to be?
Looking for some more inspiration? These books will entertain, inspire, and get you ready to write in your very own diary (or get you reading the next book in the series)!
Let's Pretend This Never Happened