Need Tax Help?

By FPL_John

It’s hard to believe, but the deadline to file your tax return is almost here. And if you’re like me, you’ve put it off until the last minute. This can be especially challenging if you are needing tax assistance because most free in-person services are booked up already.

Luckily, there are some online services you can still go for free tax help.

  1. AARP Foundation Tax-Aide Online Tax Assistance, opens a new window 
    This site has a section for frequently asked questions as well as a place to submit questions. Very helpful if you just need a few questions answered.
  2. United Way: My Free Taxes, opens a new window
    MyFreeTaxes helps people file their taxes for free while getting the assistance they need. United Way provides MyFreeTaxes in partnership with the IRS’s Volunteer Income Tax Assistance (VITA) program to help filers prepare their tax returns on their own or have their return prepared for them for free.
  3. Internal Revenue Service
    The IRS offers a lot of online assistance. Here are some of the best links:      
    1. Online tax help from the IRS, opens a new window
    2. Interactive Tax Assistant, opens a new window
    3. Helpful IRS phone numbers, opens a new window
    4. Tax help for non-English speakers, opens a new window
    5. File an extension, opens a new window