It’s that time of the year again: spring cleaning! If this phrase “sparks joy” in your heart, then read on! If the thought of spring cleaning makes you long for winter hibernation, then read on!
Here are a few tips and tricks to get you started (starting is the hardest part):
- Don’t try to do everything at once. Focus on 1 room or closet at time. Plan for 1 space a day over a week or more, if needed.
- Don’t work in silence (unless it truly relaxes you). Put on your favorite music, audiobook, podcast, or even a well-loved movie that you can listen to without viewing. Frisco residents have access to a variety of audible materials on Libby, opens a new window.
- Divide items into 3 categories: keep, throw away and give away.
- Be ruthless in your decisions. If you haven’t used it in over a year or more, it’s best to either throw it away or give it away.
Check out these library selections on cleaning and organizing your space:
Conversely, if spring cleaning is not on your agenda, here are some tips and tricks for this time of the year:
- Throw random stuff on a table and sort through it later (or never).
- Shove things into a closet and forget about it.
- Cram stuff in a drawer and dig around when you need it.
- Hide items under your bed.
Check out these library selections for inspiration: