Chilly winter evenings are a perfect time for family movie night! Here are a few tips to make your family time extra special. Try watching something new, a sure classic, or an old favorite. See a list of suggested movies below. With a little planning you can relax, have some family fun and make great memories. You might just start a new family tradition!
- Set a date and time and build anticipation.
- Make it a no-device time with no multi-tasking allowed.
- Vote on a movie or better yet, let each person in the family take turns picking the movie and have everyone agree to accept each decision with no complaining.
- Gather pillows, blankets, snugglies, pets and get cozy!
- Be sure to plan special snacks and drinks.
- Go all-out! Set a theme and dress up as characters in the movie.
- Dim the lights to set a theater mood.
- Take some time afterwards to discuss everyone’s favorite moments from the movie.
- Popcorn, of course!
- Candy and Nuts
- Cookies or S’mores
- Milk Shakes or Ice Cream Sundaes
- Chips and Salsa
- Fruit Kabobs
- Tortilla Pinwheels
- Baked Cheese Sticks
Family Movie Favorites:
Find a movie just right for your crowd!