Whether it’s inclement weather or the continued need to socially distance, staying home and indoors can be a great time to get reacquainted with your family while having fun together! Here are some suggestions for activities that will work inside no matter what the weather is outside!
- Build a fort and cuddle up for a family story time
- Scavenger hunt for things around your house
- Dance party – make a game out of it by playing “freeze dance”
- Make robot costumes – use old boxes you have been meaning to recycle
- Snack tic-tac-toe, opens a new window from MakeandTakes.com
- Bubbles: Checkout Bubbles for Toddlers, opens a new window from Colorado Department of Education and Giant Homemade Bubbles, opens a new window from TodaysParent.com
- Bake together
- Make a homemade balance beam, opens a new window with masking tape or painters tape (from activities4play.com) – preschoolers and older kiddos will enjoy too
Doing more things at home may be the norm these days, however, take advantage of that time together to take a step back from the hustle and bustle of daily life and enjoy each other’s company.