Don’t see an item in our collection that you are wanting to check out? Did you know you are able to check out items from other libraries in the continental United States and have them shipped to the Frisco Public Library? All you need is your library card to get started. If you're a Frisco resident, it's free! If you are a non-resident of Frisco, it's a $2.50 postal fee.
Here is the process:
- Go to friscolibrary.com and scroll to the bottom of the page.
- As seen in the picture below, click on the Interlibrary Loan link.
- You will be taken to a page with instructions. Click on the WorldCat link as seen below.
- You will be taken to a search bar. Search for the title or author that you want.
- Scroll through the results for the desired title. Make sure to keep an eye on the format including Print book, audio CD, DVD, etc. Digital items can be seen through this platform but cannot be requested here. You can find digital items through our Libby app.
- Once you have found the desired title, click on the Request Item button.
- You will be asked to choose your library for shipping. Choose Frisco Public Library.
- You will then be asked to input your account information. This is the your library card number and password for your Frisco Library account.
- On the final request page, you will only need to fill in the email address of requestor. Once you have entered your email address, click Continue. You have successfully requested an Interlibrary Loan!
Note: The request may take up to 7 weeks to arrive at the library. You will receive an email when your hold is ready for pickup.
Interlibrary loans check out for 3 weeks instead of the traditional 2 weeks.