The National Hispanic American Heritage Month is celebrated every year from September 15 to October 15 to honor the culture, histories, and contributions of those whose ancestors came from the Spanish speaking countries like Spain, Mexico, parts of Central and South America, and the Caribbean.
Check out these websites to learn more about National Hispanic American Heritage Month
- National Archives: Hispanic Heritage Month, opens a new window
- National Museum of the American Latino: Hispanic Heritage Month Resources, opens a new window
Here are free adult and family friendly events around DFW featuring Hispanic food, music, dance, local vendors, and art.
- September 22: Denton County Hispanic Heritage Month Celebration, opens a new window
- September 24: Mariposa Market
- September 24: Concerts in the Park Featuring TexasLatino Musica, opens a new window
- September 29: An Afternoon with Dallas's First Poet Laureate, Joaquin Zihuatanejo, opens a new window
- September 30: La Gran Fiesta
- October 1: 2022 Hispanic Heritage Month Festival, opens a new window
- October 1: Frida Fest
- October 2: Somos Southlake Fiesta, opens a new window
Celebrate Hispanic Heritage Month by cooking the flavors of Mexico, Spain, Central and South America, and the Caribbean with some of FPL’s favorite cookbook collection.