Are you a frequent watcher of all the library’s virtual programming or, is this your first-time hearing about it? Either way, let’s go on a scavenger hunt through a few of our virtual programs from the past year! Once you’ve finished the scavenger hunt, you can check to see if you found the right answers at the bottom of this blog.
- Whoa, that was a big explosion! How many rubber bands did it take to build up enough pressure for the watermelon to explode?
- Do you know what type of underwater animal in this video used to be mistaken for a mermaid? Hint: They eat seagrass and are mammals!
- While learning more about the Culture of Mexico, we were able to see some dances from Alegre Ballet Folklórico. What states in Mexico were the different dances from?
- In Ranger Kelsey’s habitat dance, what are the four things that we learned make up a habitat?
- Yvette did some cool candy science! Do you remember what happened when she added water to skittles?
- Julie found a lot of neat shapes outside of the library, name three of the shapes that she found.
- In CSI: FPL we had to eliminate several suspects to find out who stole the cookies and spilt the milk. Who ended up being the guilty party?
- We got to meet all types of pets during this story time! What were the first pets eating for treats?
- This Knowledge Quest was pretty slimy! We used pumpkins to make our very own pumpkin slime! What did we use to activate our slime?
- The race was on in the Astounding Chase! Which civil engineering landmarks did we visit on this worldwide Science Showdown?
Scroll down for the answers!
Warning: Answers Below!
Do Not Enter…unless you’re ready for answers!
Last Chance to Turn Back!
- Approximately 600 rubber bands
- San Luis Potosí, Jalisco, Oaxaca
- Food, water, shelter, and space
- The food coloring and sugar dissolved and spread into the water
- Circle, rectangle, triangle, square, star, heart, octagon
- Gilly Grissom
- Contact solution with boric acid
- The Great Pyramid of Giza, Aqueduct of Segovia, Panama Canal, Golden Gate Bridge
For more awesome virtual programs, be sure to follow us on Facebook, opens a new window and YouTube, opens a new window for new programs each week!