Laser Precision Creativity
The Library's laser cutter will add a new level of precision to your creativity.
- Full spectrum Maximum Size: 24in (width), 16in (depth), 6in (height)
- Epilog Fusion Edge Maximum Size: 24in(width), 24in (depth), 9in (height)
- Rotary tool for cylinders available for Full Spectrum Laser Cutter (up to 3in diameter)
- Required File Types: SVG (recommended) or PDF
- The laser cutter may only be used for lawful purposes.
- The laser cutters have a three-hour reservation limit per day.
- Objects appropriate for a public library environment.
- Objects must not infringe upon any third party's intellectual property rights.
- Objects must not be illegal nor can they be construed as having the intent to harm.
- The Library reserves the right to refuse access at the discretion of library staff.
- Staff will not modify, create, or correct designs.
- Full Spectrum Approved Material List, opens a new window
- Epilog Approved Material List, opens a new window
- Limit: 1 reservation per day up to 3 hours per day.
- Library card account must be in good standing to use equipment.
A Frisco Library card is required to use our Laser Cutter.
- Create your design. Inkscape, opens a new window is free to use.
- Save your designs as a SVG file and load them to a portable USB A flash drive (PDF files are allowed but not recommended).
- Reserve one of our laser cutters, opens a new window. Reservations are required and walk-ins cannot be accommodated.
- Check in at the library for your reservation on the 2nd level of the library with your flash drive and photo ID.
Adobe Illustrator LinkedIn Learning Course, opens a new window (Library card required)
Inkscape Basics Video, opens a new window (Inkscape is free)