April 19th is National Banana Day! It’s the perfect day to celebrate one of the world's most popular fruits. Bananas are not only delicious, but they are also a great source of nutrition. They are rich in fiber, potassium, and Vitamin C. In honor of this fantastic fruit, I asked some of my fellow Frisco Library staff to answer some questions about bananas and here are the results!
Question 1: Do you like bananas?
- 100% of the people questioned do like bananas. Clearly we’ve got some serious banana lovers at the Frisco library!
Question 2: Do you keep your bananas on the counter or in the fridge?
- Only 2 people (myself included) keep their bananas in the fridge.
Question 3: Do you prefer your bananas a little more green or a little more yellow?
- Personally, I love a banana that's fairly green, but almost everyone else who answered prefers their bananas nice and yellow.
Question 4: What's your favorite way to eat a banana?
- The most common answers were banana bread, with peanut butter, and in a smoothie.
- Some of my favorite replies were sliced banana with milk and a little sugar, banana cream pie, and an open-faced sandwich with almond butter, banana slices, and drizzled honey. YUM!
- My favorite way is to coat a sliced banana with lemon juice and freeze it! It’s a delicious summer treat!
The results are in! Bananas are great and you can enjoy them in a million different ways. This National Banana Day don’t forget to eat a banana in your favorite way and check out one of these brilliant banana books!