The Friends of the Frisco Public Library are once again sponsoring a year-long reading challenge for Frisco Library guests. The challenge is open to readers of all ages, and you do not need to have a Frisco Library card to participate. The challenge is broken down monthly with a new genre announced at the beginning of each month and a chance for one lucky reader to win a $5 gift card to the Friends’ Bookshop located right inside the Library. Readers can participate each and every month or simply select the genres they are interested in and join in intermittently. The complete list of genres for the year is available from the Bookshop or participants can visit the blog page on the first Friday of each month for the announcement. There will be a curated shelf in the Bookshop with suggested titles that suit the genre. If you have a book of your own that is of the monthly genre then by all means read that. If you’d rather, the library catalog is a great place to find something perfect.
To kick off the 2024 challenge, the genre for January is Must-Read Books or Classics. There are many lists of Must-Read Books for adults and children available. Some lists have lots of overlap and some are quite unique. We welcome you to read a book that you feel is Must-read. Classics like To Kill A Mockingbird, opens a new window or The Color Purple, opens a new window are great choices but the book All the Light We Can Not See, opens a new window, published in 2014, can also be found on many lists. Children’s books like Charlotte’s Web, opens a new window and The Little Prince, opens a new window are also considered a Must-Read which just shows that all ages can be included.
Once you have read a book of your choice then stop by the Friends’ Bookshop before the end of the month and complete the brief entry form. A winner will be notified soon after the new month begins. Complete rules for the Reading Challenge can be found below and in The Bookshop.
2024 Friends’ Reading Challenge Sweepstakes Rules
- This sweepstakes is solely sponsored by the Friends of the Frisco Public Library, a civic organization and registered 501c3 with the IRS and the State of Texas. The mailing address is Friends of the Frisco Public Library, 6101 Frisco Square Blvd, Frisco TX 75034.
- A separate sweepstakes drawing will be held every month from January 2024 until January 2025. The potential entries must be submitted between the first and final day of each previous month.
- Limit of one entry per person each month.
- All entries must use the “Official Entry Form” and submit the form into the Sweepstakes Entry Box within the Friend’s Book Shop located inside of the Frisco Public Library.
- Entrants can be of any age but do need to be a Frisco Library Patron. Entrants must supply an email and/or phone number in order to be notified of any potential winnings.
- Sweepstakes entrants are only allowed to win one month of the 2024 Friends’ Reading Challenge.
- No purchase is required. Entries can be included with an Official Entry Form or through the Alternative Method of Entry (AMOE) which is available from volunteers within the Friends’ Book Shop.
- Winners will be selected by a blind draw by a member of the Friends’ organization on the 5th of each month and the winner will be contacted by phone or email by the 10th of each month. (EXAMPLE – A library patron enters the drawing on March 15, 2024. The drawing will take place on April 5, 2024 and a representative of the organization will contact the winner by April 10, 2024.)
- The monthly sweepstakes prize will be a Book Buck Gift Card with a $5 value. The Book Buck Gift Card is good for purchases within the Friends’ Book Shop located inside the Frisco Public Library. The card has no cash value, the winner will not receive change from any purchase and the sweepstakes winner is responsible for all sales tax.