Did you check out Science Showdown: Danger! Endangered!! and wonder if there are more endangered animal species that are in need of help? Here are five more endangered animals that you can help save!
- Fact – Sunda tigers are now extinct in Java and Bali.
- How can you help save tigers? Visit zoos that are accredited by the Association of Zoos and Aquariums. Both the Dallas and Fort Worth Zoos are accredited!
Polar Bears, opens a new window
- Fact – Polar bears are listed as a vulnerable species, which means they are close to being endangered.
- How can you help save polar bears? Avoid products that result from tropical deforestation.
Blue Whales, opens a new window
- Fact – Blue whales were almost driven to extinction by commercial whaling in the early 1900s.
- How can you help save blue whales? Purchase local products to avoid trans-oceanic shipping.
- Fact – there are only around 70 Amur Leopards left in the wild.
- How can you help save leopards? Support efforts to ban poaching and the fur trade.
- Fact – the Red panda population has declined by 50% in the last 18 years.
- How can you help save red pandas? Support conservation education and training for communities in Nepal.