August 1st is National Friendship Day and it’s a day to celebrate that special bond between friends. Friendships come in many forms and evolve and change over time. Taking a day to celebrate and appreciate these special relationships, past and present, in your life may be even more important this year since last year was spent mostly in socially distanced isolation. Reconnect with friends or try making a new one this Sunday.
Celebrate the friends you have and the new ones you have yet to meet with these friendly activities:
- Make time to chat with your friends, virtually or in-person.
- Go vintage and mail a greeting card to your friends. For a more personal touch, handmake a personal greeting card to send, opens a new window.
- Invite a friend over and have a DIY home spa day.
- Keep it active and invite friends to participate in outdoor activities like swimming, hiking, bicycling, basketball, etc.
- Take it old school and make friendship bracelets, opens a new window.
- Play a game of Never Have I Ever, opens a new window. A fun and easy way to learn new things about each other and makes for fun storytelling.
- Most importantly, tell your friends how much you appreciate them.
For another fun way to celebrate the day check out these fiction and nonfiction titles exploring friendships.