PRICING AND SERVICES
The cost of printing a book consists of the cost for the cover and binding plus the cost per page printed. A page is a single side of a sheet of paper and the same as the number of PDF pages of the Book Block (all interior pages between the cover of the book including any blank pages). For an overview of printing a book at Trail Blazer Press see our Guide for Writers.
Cover & Binding Cost + Per Page Cost = Total
- Cover and Binding Cost: $5 per book
- Standard Paper with Black and White print: 3 cents per page
- Premium Paper with Black and White print: 4 cents per page
- Premium Paper with Color print: 8 cents per page
Step One: Select Paper
The interior pages of your book will either use all standard paper or all premium paper for every page.
- Standard Paper - The standard paper is a lighter weight off-white paper perfect for black and white or grayscale printing. If you have any pages with color printing this requires premium paper for all your interior pages.
- Premium Paper - A heavier weight white paper is required for color illustrations and color text. This paper is also great for black and white or grayscale printing. Select the premium paper if you have both black and white as well as any color elements on any of the interior pages.
Step Two: Page Count
You will only pay for color printing on the pages that require color. By limiting or consolidating color images onto fewer pages, this allows you to manage the printing cost of your book. Note that elements and images in color are all done with a matte finish.
- Color Page Count - The number of interior pages that have elements (images, text, etc) that appear in color.
- Black and White Page Count - The number of interior pages that are only require black and white (grayscale) printing.
Step Three: Calculate the cost of your book with the calculator below.
These additional options are priced per title/edition. It is a one time fee for a barcode or ISBN number. These can be applied to as many copies of a single title/edition as needed.
- ISBN: $25 - If you plan to sell your books in bookstores, retail locations, or online, consider purchasing an ISBN. The International Standard Book Number identifies a specific title from specific publisher and is unique to that edition, and is used by booksellers, libraries, universities, wholesalers and distributors.
- Barcode: $25 - A barcode on the back cover of your book includes both the ISBN number and the price of the book. This allows for a standard method all bookstores and retail locations can use to track and sell your book.
- OnDemand Online Ordering: Free - Make your book available for customers to order and have shipped to their homes all online. Currently only available for books with black and white/grayscale interior pages.
Calculate the Price for Each Copy
Begin Submission Process
Schedule an on-site appointment to review your Book Block and Cover Sheet documents (saved as a PDF/A) for print readiness.
Printing Lead Time
At the time of on-site appointment, a single copy of the book is usually printed. After that, Trail Blazer Press will attempt to complete orders by the following guidelines. However, Trail Blazer Press cannot guarantee that book orders will be completed by a specific date.
10 copies (1 week)
50 copies (2 weeks)
100 copies (3 weeks)
150 copies (4 weeks or longer)
(Trail Blazer Press is unable to accommodate requests for more than 150 copies. If they desire additional copies, guests may put in subsequent requests after pickup is completed.)